Let’s Start with Product Selection
ORIA Systems utilise the Ubiquiti NanoStation or the Ubiquiti airMAX product range to create a solid IP network for IP CCTV Cameras, Ubiquiti NanoStation features the CPE design that expanded the global Wireless ISP industry. The NanoStation can be deployed for Point-to-Point (PtP) bridging, wireless connectivity to a video surveillance (CCTV) system.
One of the reasons ORIA Systems utilise the Ubiquiti NanoStation or the Ubiquiti airMAX product range is due to the solid reliability, product functionality, cost effectiveness and it’s the best PtP hardware for IP CCTV applications in the market.
In addition, ORIA Systems utilise the Ubiquiti’s versatile airOS firmware technology enables high-performance, outdoor multi- CCTV point networking. airOS provides features such as wireless CCTV settings, network bridge or routing configuration and system management services that can increase the performance of your CCTV System.
Understanding the Basic Terminology
Point-to-Point (PtP): Connects two locations (between a CCTV camera to the nearest network switch or IP CCTV Recorder), usually at a distance of multiple km, essentially forming an Ethernet bridge. Point-to-Multipoint links (PtMP): Connects three or more locations, using one Base Station (or Access Point) and multiple CPE devices (Stations) connected to the Access Point. (for example, between 5 CCTV pole location back to a single centralised location where the CCTV recorder is located)
Product Design and Implementation
ORIA systems understand how to utilise Ubiquiti’s NanoStation & airMAX technology. This technology is proven in thousands of CCTV deployments worldwide, exhibiting outstanding performance in outdoor environments. The TDMA airMAX protocol enables unprecedented scalability, high throughput and low latency in unlicensed, multipoint CCTV networks.
When our security consultants design a wireless CCTV network, they considering the following:
- Distance between the CCTV camera location to the nearest network or CCTV recorder
- The topography between the CCTV camera location to the nearest network or CCTV recorder
- The Max & Min outdoor temperature, as we need to ensure that the CCTV camera / CCTV outdoor network switch & Ubiquiti NanoStation can handle the heat / cold
- CCTV Camera Lens – We will take in consideration the size of the area that the CCTV camera needs to cover
- CCTV Camera IR Light – We will take in consideration the size of the area that the CCTV camera needs to cover
- CCTV Camera Power Consumption – We will take in consideration the level of Watt consummation in order to avoid power overload on the network switch as sometimes we will install more than one CCTV camera in the same location.
For outdoor CCTV installation, ORIA Systems will utilise the Ubiquiti Flex PoE Gigabit Managed 5 Port Switch.
This switch is tailored for outdoor CCTV installation as it can operate within a wide range of temperature range (-40 to +55 Degrees), in addition it is weatherproof – Perfect for CCTV outdoor installations.
The Ubiquiti Flex PoE Gigabit Managed 5 Port Switch has 5x Gigabit RJ45 ports, 4 of the ports supply POE and 1x port supply PoE++ can be used of CCTV PTZ cameras that draw high current.
Pairing of the above two Ubiquiti low cost products (NanoStation & Ubiquiti Outdoor Network Switch), Will provide the end user with a robust network for CCTV applications.
ORIA Systems’ professional CCTV installation team will ensure that your new Ubiquiti wireless network and CCTV system will operate to the highest standards. Our product range and in-house expertise offer you peace of mind knowing that as your organisation expands, your new wireless CCTV system has the flexibility to grow with you.